I couldn’t believe my eye holes recently when I recieved a message in my comments telling me that my blog had been nominated for a prestigious Liebster award. Possibly the first of many accolades, but i’ll try to refrain from getting ahead of myself. It’s not very often you feel noticed in the gigantic world of the internet so even the smallest bit of recognition is more than appreciated.
I was nominated by the fantastic and talented ‘found this, painted that.’ (If you aren’t following it already, you’re missing out). Go and follow it now before continuing….. I’ll wait.
Followed it? fantastic, then we can continue.
The acceptance of my Liebster award comes with a few little hoops to jump through. That is par for the course with everything in life though. hmmm
Ok, here are the rules:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog and link back to them in your post.
Hmmm, I think I already did that but they deserve a second link in case you skipped the bit where I told you to follow them already. Thankyou ‘found this, painted that.’ keep up the good work.
2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees.
See below for this stuff.
3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen.
Ok, I’ll have to do that over the next week or so.
4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.
(Copied and pasted this whole section and award image came along for the ride Yay!) I’ve also put it on my main banner. I’m so proud.
Note: (These are the “rules” but please feel free to do as you wish. If you have 5 bloggers to nominate instead of 11, and you can only think of 7 random facts about yourself – that’s perfectly fine! )
Questions from ‘Found this painted that’, to me.
- 1. If you were a superhero, what would your powers be? – Evil Psychic hypnotist.
- 2. What colour is your bedroom? – A tasteful cream with an accent wall of blue/grey.
- 3. What’s your idea of the best gift to give? – Anything hand made or with some personal thought put into it.
- 4. If you could only choose one, would you be beautiful or smart? – Smart
- 5. What’s the longest amount of time you were away from your home? – Other than when I was at University, only a couple of weeks. That kind of makes me sad for some reason.
- 6. What do you consider to be the hardest thing you’ve ever done? – I once did a skydive. but adrenalin got me through it.
- 7. When are you most creative? A.M or P.M – Without a shadow of doubt I’m a night time person. P.M.
- 8. Ocean or mountains? – I love to surf so it has to be the ocean.
- 9. Book or computer? – Computer. Sadly, I never seem to have time to read much anymore.
- 10. Dog or cat? – Dogs are much better but I like that cats have some level of freedom.
- 11. Coffee or tea? – Coffee. More caffeine the better.
11 Random facts about me:
- 1. Been playing video games since I was 4 years old in 1980.
- 2. Can’t stomach mayonaise but have nothing against its ingredients.
- 3. Life motto, is a cynical ‘question everything’.
- 4. Favourite comedy is ‘Monty Pythons Life of Brian’
- 5. I can’t grow a full beard.
- 6. Hate getting my haircut even though my mother is a hairdresser.
- 7. I really like biting into blocks of cheese. – guilty pleasure.
- 8. I’ve arranged my DVD collection into colour order.
- 9. I have watched ‘First Blood’ more than any other movie. – great film.
- 10. I very rarely get bored. I can always find something to waste my time.
- 11. One of my front two teeth is dead, the other is smashed in half and capped.
My questions for my nominees:
1. What is the best car you have driven?
2. How much wood can a wood chuck chuck, if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
3. What is the first single or album you bought?
4. What is your guilty pleasure?
5. Starwars (original trilogy – prequels don’t exist) or Star trek?
6. Savoury snacks (Crisps(chips if US),olives,pretsils) or sweet snacks (Jellies, chocolate, candy)?
7. Should you throw food out if it says its out of date or trust your nose?
8. What is it called when you slide your scissors through paper or fabric without squeezing them?
9. What is your favourite ‘go to’ website?
10. What really annoys you or creeps you out, even though it really shouldn’t.
11. If you’re not from the UK, what is your perception of British people? If you are, slag of the yanks! haha!
Can’t wait to see all your crazy answers.
Thankyou for your likes, follows, comments and most of all for inspiring me to actually do some creative stuff, rather than watching tv, looking at websites, playing playstation, eating pizza, watching movies and generally procrastinating.
Big thanks again to ‘found this, painted that.’